To celebrate this year’s international day of jerky, we’ve put together two simple to make recipes, featuring two iconic Australian cuts of meat; crocodile and kangaroo loin.
Diemen’s Original hot sauce
Diemen’s Stinger hot sauce
Kangaroo loin - cut against the grain
Crocodile meat - cut into thin strips
1. Place your meat in a ziplock bag and add enough Diemen’s hot sauce to coat the meat evenly. If you like it hotter, add more Stinger than Original.
2. Give the bag a shake and marinade for 24hrs in the fridge.
3. Preheat your oven to 68°C (160°F) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
4. Remove the meat from the marinade, draining off the sauce and blotting away any excess marinade with paper towels.
5. Place meat on the sheet and cook for 4-6hrs. Check regularly, as the thicker your cuts of meat are, the longer it will take. Flip the meat half way to ensure it’s fully cooked throughout but still tender enough to pull apart.
6. Store in a cool, dry place and enjoy!